Fri, 16 Jul|
SFA Lite Suicide awareness and prevention course
SFA Lite is the theory and practice of suicide intervention skills that can be applied in any professional or personal setting
Time & Location
16 Jul 2021, 09:00 – 12:30
About the Event
You do not need to be a therapist or a counsellor, just have a passion to help and support people, it will teach you to spot the signs and symptoms of suicide, listen and help, even in a crisis.
The Suicide First Aid Lite (Virtual) course gives learners the knowledge and tools to understand that suicide is one of the most preventable deaths and some basic skills can help someone with thoughts of suicide stay safe from their thoughts and stay alive.
• Suicide behaviour; reasons and magnitude of the community health problem.
• Role of the carer in managing suicide interventions; different roles with different people
• Understand approaches and process of suicide intervention including desired out-comes
• Understand the importance of self-reflection and personal impact when working with suicide and people at risk
• Stigma and survivors of bereavement by suicide
• Suicide thoughts and behaviour
• Intention of behaviour versus out-come of behaviour
• Possible causes of suicide thoughts
• Suicide – the ripple effect
• ‘I’m really glad you told me’ audio visual
• Suicide Safety Guidance
• Recognising and asking about suicide
• Referring a person onto suicide first aiders
Mindful Training Ltd are accredited by MHFA England and have recently been awarded the 2021 Corporate Vision aware for Best Mindfulness Coaching and Training in the NW of England.